Chad and I were married on April 23, 2011 and we moved into our new (and first) house in August located in Millcreek Utah. We spend a lot of our time decorating our house, going on trips to see friends and family, going down to my parents cabin, hiking when it's warm, and hanging out with our two kitties Chica and Tiny.

Friday, January 21, 2011

An Update

So here is a little update in the life of Ashley Joy. Winter's are not my favorite and never have been. Although I try and keep and open mind and a positive attitude each time the cold weather approaches (I always say I will try skiing AGAIN and NEVER do) I find myself every January cursing the fact that I live here. HOWEVER, you can't beat the beautiful Spring flowers that bloom here or the sunsets from up in the mountains when the nights get longer and longer. As much as I could complain about living in UT, I really couldn't imagine myself living anywhere else. As different and non-Utahish as I thought I was growing up, (and during my late teens and early 20's) I find that I am pretty much as "Utahish" as it gets. I love it here.

Now that I have ranted and raved about my home state, I guess I should actually give an update on what is going on in my life. Christmas was one of the best ones yet and we feel very blessed to have such a great family to share it with. I am getting to the home stretch of wedding plans which really excites me! The fun stuff can be started...like planning the center pieces, the DIY decorations, and how I should wear my hair. Chad and I are going to be looking at houses starting now and applying for the loan around late Spring (Mayish). We like the area by the U, Sugar house, Murray, and Bountiful. I can't wait to buy more furniture (we don't have anymore space in our apartment to purchase much else) and decorate our first home together. Just the thought of planning my future with Chad makes me SUPER happy and feel at peace.

We are also taking a pre-wedding trip back to San Jose to see our friends Kevin and Cheryl and their dope apartment! Chad's boss is giving us one of his 27 free flights from his sky miles to take a little trip to warmer weather. We love the Silicone Valley and I can't wait to go back to Santa Cruz, Monterrey, and spend a little more time in Carmel. I think that part of California is so incredibly magical. I have a soft spot in my heart for Orange County after growing up with a family beach house in Laguna (I fit in so well with those laid back So Cal surfer types) but ever since my brother moved to San Fran, and I have been fortunate to visit MANY times, I just fall in love more and more with that area and all it has to offer. Not many places are that diverse in such a small area...and although I have been a lot of places, I always count SF and the surrounding area as one of my top places I have been.

I am super excited for my niece Elsie Sophia's 1st birthday party in February and I can't believe how big she is getting! She is so fun and Chad and I love every minute we get to spend with her. She is such a little busy girl and it is so funny to see her sparkling personality grow with each day. She is going to do great things one day...I can feel it :)

As much as I feel our life is busy, it's really not, and I thoroughly enjoy that. I like that things really don't change and that we have a routine set already. It's the simple things in life that are the best. So much truth to that phrase.

As much fun as it is to read my blog posts it's probably a lot more fun to look at the pictures. I am a camera-a-holic....but I am TERRIBLE at uploading the pictures. I hope to post some this weekend of Christmas and our activities of late. Till then, I will just bore you with my words.

2 comments:

  1. Funny you posted this because I just was going to ask you how it all is going. Planning a wedding really isn't that fun I agree. But when the day comes you will be thankful for all the memories. I feel like we haven't talked in forever. Let's catch up this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Words are just as great as pictures! It's fun to hear what you've been up to! Good luck with house hunting!! Dont' rule out the far, far west-- lots of house for little price!

    ReplyDelete