Chad and I were married on April 23, 2011 and we moved into our new (and first) house in August located in Millcreek Utah. We spend a lot of our time decorating our house, going on trips to see friends and family, going down to my parents cabin, hiking when it's warm, and hanging out with our two kitties Chica and Tiny.

Monday, October 11, 2010

San Jose Trip

Last week we left on Thursday night to go to San Jose to see one of Chad's best friend's Kevin and his wife Cheryl. I don't know what it was exactly (so many great things) but it was one of the most fun trips I have ever taken! I was heart broken to leave! When they dropped us off at the airport I seriously was getting teary eyed if you can believe it. Kevin and Cheryl are some of the most amazing people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. One of those married couples you just love to be around and look up to as a wonderful relationship. First off, I have never been to San Jose but I have been to San Fran more times then I can count. The trip started out great with us landing in SFO (San Fran airport). We flew Jet Blue, which let me tell you is the best airline I have ever flown with! You get your own TV with cable and headphones in the seat in front of you! Plus, they give you tasty snacks (cookies or nuts) that actually were appealing and not disgusting. haha. When we landed we accidentally ended up in the International baggage claim and we had to find our way around (I don't know that airport really well and I ususally take BART into the city when I land there) to where the pick up was for domestic flights. I had only met Kevin like a handful of times for not that long, and I had never been in a car with him while he was driving, but let me tell you folks, BOY WAS THAT A TRIP!! Kevin is the fastest craziest driver EVER! I was silently praying the whole time we were in the car with him, which was a lot because we drove to Santa Cruz to the beach one day, down to Monterrey and then Carmel another day....so tons of driving. It finally got to the point that I just started laughing because he was yelling at everyone on the road and freaking out! I guess you had to be there...but Chad and I were DYING! Basically that whole trip we laughed our guts out....I hadn't seen Chad laugh that hard in a long time and it made me So happy to see him so happy. As promised I met little Davey the infamous cat, and I got lots of pictures of him! Normally I can't stand cats, but Davey is different...he is soft and sweet and is a spaz if you dangle his toys above his head! haha. On Saturday night I followed him around the whole house calling him "davey baby" (because that is the nickname Cheryl gave him) and picking him up and carting him around....I couldn't get enough of this little fur ball! Tomorrow I will post most of the pictures we took (not all of them because it was about 400....yeah I know...) but I will put up a few of the very best ones! I think my favorite time was when we were on the Pier in Santa Cruz and had been hot all day (perfect weather, 80 degrees without a cloud in the sky) and we had just eaten a lunch of oysters on the half shell and we stopped to listen to a bum sing ACROSS THE UNIVERSE and play his guitar in honor of John Lennon's birthday. The pipes this guy had on him, and the music coming from his guitar was amazing. That is a talent I am more then happy to give a few dollars for! Each day was magical and easy going and so incredibly relaxing. The hospitatlity couldn't be beat, and each meal we were fed something delicious and way fancier than anything I ever expected! Needless to say, I felt I became really really close to Cheryl and Kevin and I am really excited to see them again and at the wedding!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Ash I'm so glad you had a nice trip, sounds divine. Can't wait to see pics....P.S. I'm not going to keep commenting on your blog if you never comment on mine ;) lol

    ReplyDelete