Chad and I were married on April 23, 2011 and we moved into our new (and first) house in August located in Millcreek Utah. We spend a lot of our time decorating our house, going on trips to see friends and family, going down to my parents cabin, hiking when it's warm, and hanging out with our two kitties Chica and Tiny.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Going to San Jose!

Well happy Tuesday Smuesday peeps! :). This week is a short week for me...thanks goodness, because we are going to San Jose on Thursday night. What is in San Jose you say? Well friends of Chads's live there...Sheryl and Kevin. Sheryl just finished Vetrinary school in Seattle and now she is doing her residency there. A few people are like "well there isn't a whole lot to do there why are you going there?" and to them I would like to say that a vacation isn't where you are going, it's who you are going to see! Monterrey is close by and so is Carmel I think, so I am thinking of taking a little drive down to see the aquarium and Pebble Beach. If you have never been to Carmel you MUST go! It is like Orange County, but more "country"...RICH country. It is insanely chic and pricey. It is like this little diamond of a town, with shops and restaurants you would kill to shop and eat at. Can you tell I like this place? I have only been there once but ever since I have been DYING to go back! Regardless of if we get to go there or not, I am just excited to see Sheryl and Kevin. One of the unexpected "treats" of getting married is getting new friends! haha. I mean it! I am really lucky because my fiances friends are just delightful to be around and most of them have become my friends too now. I love being able to connect with the girlfriends and wives and share hilarious stories of Chad and listening to their funny stories of old Chad. Some of the funniest stories I have ever heard have come from Kevin. I love knowing Chad has a best friend that would do literally anything for him and has in his life. Kevin a good friend and Sheryl is such a sweetheart. They in fact actually took Chad's cat Davey (named after his late father) when Chad had to move to Dana Point, CA. Chad loves cats and that cat was his favorite ever. He used to sleep right next to Davey and everywhere Chad went Davey followed. Sheryl and Kevin STILL have Davey and so I will actually get to meet the infamous cat this weekend on our trip. I actually think Chad is looking forward to seeing his old pal again! haha. Last Christmas we got a Christmas card from Sheryl and Kevin with a picture of little Davey on the front and I swear I saw Chad get teary eyed :).

No comments:

Post a Comment